For the past several seasons we have worked with the Voorhees Animal Orphanage during our annual Pets Visit Santa day. We donate half of the $10 proceeds directly to the orphanage to help them fulfill their goals to keep local animals, safe, healthy, and in happy homes.
The Voorhees Animal Orphanage provides shelter, love, and adoption services for the animals in its care. It’s goal is to safely reunite lost pets with their owners, or find them suitable and permanent new homes. They also serve the community by offering pet owners, animal lovers, and companion animals through education and outreach.
Money given to the Voorhees Animal Orphanage goes towards items or projects to improve the orphanage for the animals it protects. Food, vaccinations, and even toys… your donations go a long way towards making an animal’s life better. A new facility is also in development, and the orphanage is currently accepting donations for the project. You can donate once or sign up for monthly donations by following this link.
- Your donations will also help fulfill the vision the animal shelter has created for itself. These goals have been pulled directly from their website.
- Operate to meet or exceed a 90% live outcome rate (no-kill)
- Shelter and support rescued animals until they are returned to their owners or find permanent homes
- Provide individual care with compassion for animals and their families
- Humanely end the suffering of any animal that is irrecoverably ill, injured, or incapacitated
- Provide spay/neuter and a microchip for every animal that is adopted from the shelter
- Educate the community regarding the humane care and handling of companion animals
- Be thoughtful, civil, and supportive while caring for our animals, our community, and each other
There are other ways to help the orphanage aside from just donating money. You can apply to volunteer at their many events here!
We hope to see you and your pets here when we host the annual Pets Visit Santa event! This year the event takes place on Saturday, December 2nd!